Had a guy come to the door yesterday.He introduces himself and says he's with Devcon/GE.

He's got the cap and shirt with both their logos and a picture ID on a lanyard around his neck. I immediately told him that the neighborhood had signs up for no soliciting and we have one on our door. He said he wasn't selling anything. He then proceeds to tell me about break-ins in the area and how the offenders are cutting the phone line so the security system can't contact the monitoring station.

I tell him I'm not interested and he goes on about how he's really not selling anything. He's got a notebook with printed materials in it and he keeps on about security systems and how GE makes the guts in all the security systems and they have one that uses cellular as the transmission mode. He then starts talking about saving money, something about getting a free system and something to the effect of putting a sign in our yard and then the actual sales folks would then come by and know who to hound. I told him I had heard enough and sent him on his way.

This is just a despicable way to do business. He was pre-selling short and simple. They have trained these guys well but for them to BS you like that is just nonsense.

Looking this up online it looks like Devcon Security is the culprit and they are using GE's name to get a foot in the door.Just underhanded, despicable business.

Had an Experience with Devcon Security?

Comments

Petersmith

My parents are elderly and have devcon security in their home.They recently had adt for 10 years.

Before getting devcon services they attempted to upgrade their old alarm to something more modern. Adt quoted them 600 dollars to upgrade it after ten loyal years of service! Unable to pay this kind of money, devcon reps showed up to their home and offered to upgrade it for 99 dollars. They agreed and have had it now for 3 months.

Adt was also charging my parents an extra 29.99 a month for their version of life alert called companion services i believe.

Devcon also known as pinnacle security i believe bundled that serice with their alarm system and is now charging them 50$ a month instead of 90$ a month they were paying total with adt.U stay strong devcon/pinnacle security and continue to help protect homes regardless of these alligations...

I am 74 and I had a neighbor that had an Alarm system for about 4 years.She was gone for about a week and someone cut her phone line on the outside of the house and got in and made a mess of the house stealing many things.

I have always thought I was safe, but this was very concerning. Two days later a man from Devcon Security knocked at my door and said they were installing a security system and customizing it to my home needs at No Cost for the equipment and the install. I told him that there was just a break in with a neighbor and he said that he had a report that a break in had happened in the neighborhood. He explained the system they have and how it does not use the outside phone line but uses cell card in the panel itself.

I felt that it was time to secure my home. They put in an easy panel to understand a camera sensor that takes pictures day or night, smoke alarm, put sensors on each of my 4 door and offered a medical pendant at no addition cost, it is nice to have it and I wear it as a watch.

I was glad he came by, because I didn't know what company I could call and I didn't want the same company as the neighbor where they could cut my phone line.I am happy with the system I got from Devcon Security and I feel like I have peace of mind back.

These people were in my parents Michigan neighborhood yesterday.The salesmen was basically trying to convince my seventy year old parents that the security system that they currently have was no good wanted them to change to devcon that day.

When I walked in the door to hear the sales pitch from this young man he was very Pushy and kept giving my parents a bull *** story of gift cards to get her out of her current contract then when he almost had her convinced the price changed.

Not good business from these people at all he wouldn't understand that my parents are comfortable with their current system and when my mom told him that we had plans to leave for dinner he wouldn't get the point and leave until my mom had to speak up louder and tell him she was staying with her current company.Please don't let these salesman in your home cause they are hard to get out!!

The BBB has only been keeping tabs on Devcon since 2011 yet Devcon has been around since 2004? Weird.

I live near Antioch TN.And it seems the same mastermind came to my door as well.

No car visible which screams solicitor and asked me if I felt safe in my neighborhood. I told him yea, very safe. He then went on about how GE would pay for the system and how they would put a sign in my yard but I couldn't let my neighbors know what they were doing???? I saw him before he approached my house and after he left my house soliciting to my neighbors???

I think everybody in the neighborhood would know what was going on. He continued to be very pushy and very unprofessionally asked me agin if I felt safe in my neighborhood.

At this time, I told him I had heard enough and told him to leave.Very unprofessional outfit, just wondering if they are attempting to scam and scout out homes without alarm systems for future break ins.

Classic scamming of the eldery!!!!DO NOT USE this company.They scammed my 79 year old, wheelchair bound, father into signing a 5 year contact and they were in my parents home doing an installation until midnight.

The "salesman" pounded on the front door, at 9:00pm at night, loud enough and long enough to get my father up and into his wheelchair. They came up the ramp and into the home through the back door. My mother and I were out of town. I called home to talk to my father at 9:30p and he put the salesman on the phone.

I told the salesman that no decision could be made until we were back in town and to please leave some paperwork that we could look at and get back them. After the telephone conversation, they conned my father into signing the paperwork and giving them a void check. My father doesn't even know what they installed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Classic example of scamming the elderly.Now I get to clean it up and hope they didn't screw up anything in the house during the installation.

Devcon Security has a partnership with Pinnacle Security where we provide service and support for Pinnacle customers. Our A+ rating with the BBB shows our willingness to provide excellent service in any way possible.

We are sorry for your experience. We encourage you to reach out to Pinnacle Security's compliance team at compliance@pinnaclesecurity.com and report the issue so that corrective action can be taken.

to Dev*** Security #979691

Too bad Pinnacle Security is no longer in business and was sued for over a million dollars. Convenient, don't you think?

Simply say, no thank you, this is a no solicitation neighborhood, close the door slowly, call the non emergency number for your local police department and tell them about thuds person. A number of problems happen. Trespassing in a posted neighborhood, elderly people living alone answering the doors, people CASING homes to see whose home or not, are there dogs,children, neighbors, a whole laundry list of reasons for people NOT to be knocking on doors during the day, or walking throughout your yards, most of all REPORT them to what ever larger company they claim to represent,they may not any longer.