I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?
My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.
How do they get away with that and no county permit??
I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "Cameren has a Yucaipa alarm company called Select Source. Select Source is an authorized ADT dealer. Cameren's installs lack workmanship. Cameren lacks technical abilities, integrity and every aspect necessary..."
- "Had Central Security since 2009, installed a new system with my cable company due to my current system being outdated and faulty. When I went to cancel they told..."
- "Do not use this companies product or service. Was told all devices would work in my home. NOT !! After they knocked a hole in my wall to install..."
- "I purchased several items and when delivered they left several scratches on my hardwood floors I know they didn't do this on purpose but the customer service department in Taylor..."
- "My husband and I stopped at newly remodeled Sheetz on Broad Street in Johnstown PA on September 24, at approximately 9:30pm. The facility was filthy service was slow and our..."
- "Went in with a coupon for a free AC check. Called in advance for appointment. Told person on phone ny air didnt work and i wanted to find out..."
- "We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting..."
- "OMG why did I not see this website yesterday before I ordered my Sister flowers for her birthday that did not arrive on her day. They arrived 7am this..."
- "I ordered "A dog for Fall" on 9/26 for a relative in ICU. When I reviewed the order on line they showed a delivery date of 10/3. I got on..."