I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?

My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.

How do they get away with that and no county permit??

I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!

Review about: Home Security System.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Devcon Security?

Comments

Anonnymouse
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1343426

I'm gonna say:Always read your contracts before you sign them, and insist on changing anything that you can't live withIn my limited experience, alarm installation and monitoring contracts are aggressively exploitative beyond belief. I'm still looking (it's been a few weeks).I know this was three years ago ... I hope you had a good resolution to this problem.

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #784666

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent customer service experience and I would like an opportunity to resolve your concerns.Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

I can be reached at 1-888-758-5900 from 9:30 am -6:00 pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.

John Kyser