Devcon Security - Conned and trapped in ridiculous contract
I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?
My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.
How do they get away with that and no county permit??
I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!review #475342
You may also like
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "Vivint just rebrands Linear's 2GIG then acts as though it and the alarm.com back end is theirs when in reality they do a *** poor job installing the 2GIG system..."
- "Poorly installed equipment. Wires exposed on camera outside front door wrapped in electrical tape. Wires ran on the inside of the door and when asked if this was correct adt..."
- "That is nothing...Here is the new one from Frontier....My mom was boarding from DTW to TTN....Online it says for flight is 20 minutes delayed (actual 3:50PM n delayed to 4:10PM)..."
- "Came to get my eyebrows waxed. Dark haired lady (red face) put wax on one eye, wax on other eye then strip pressed then strip pressed. She was talking..."
- "I was over charged for $0.50 for a cheese that I didn't order in my breakfast sandwich. I later on found out they were charging my cup of water for..."
- "1) The dryer never shuts off, even if I select a timed dry. I have to set a personal timer, and go manually shut it off otherwise it just stays..."
- "Sears is horrible!! Still to this day no remorse or anything! THEY DIDN'T EVEN HOOK UP THE GAS RIGHT!! MY FAMILY AND I COULD HAVE DIED!! IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY YOU..."
- "Paid for an "Unlimited Logo Design Concepts" with "mobile responsive and the QR Code", and a "Special Web Package" this was on the 9th April 2015. I have to repeatably..."