Devcon Security - Conned and trapped in ridiculous contract
I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?
My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.
How do they get away with that and no county permit??
I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!118fea28 review #475342
You may also like
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "Had Central Security since 2009, installed a new system with my cable company due to my current system being outdated and faulty. When I went to cancel they told..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- " I just was sitting down to eat some of your soup when I realized that the Potatoes are hard as rocks. Wassup it may not mean much to your..."
- "So here's the deal. I do not play games; I do not watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime; and I do not stream music. I regularly go over my..."
- "HHi guys Jazz here! If you are looking for the best service ever, try someone who knows what she's doing and what you want! My Menu is open for your..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Feel highly disappointed with the quality of the origami owl products. I hosted a home party where my family and friends bought a significant amount of jewelry. I have two..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."