I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?
My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.
How do they get away with that and no county permit??
I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "We just opened our fire and water proof safe from Sentry for the first time in over 2 years. We had a sizeable amount of cash in there, from many..."
- "TERRIBLE!! I sold my home and didn't buy another one. I cannot get them to disconnect the service at my old address. I don't have a house to transfer service..."
- "I have cooked and served for ruby Tuesday in sandusky ohio for about 3 years and like The gm they have now is so rude and unprofessional. The other two..."
- "So, as pictures show you can see I was on hold for over 2 hours with the irs! I had a simple question in regards to my husbands 2290 form..."
- "I purchased several items and when delivered they left several scratches on my hardwood floors I know they didn't do this on purpose but the customer service department in Taylor..."
- "To whom it may concern: Please be informed that when my son, FATALLA, JERYLL DIOMA MERLIN renewed his passport last 18 July 2016 and when he had claimed it will be..."
- "TOOK POSSESSION IN AUG 2016 ONE 600 MILE ROUND TRIP AND ON MY WAY TO THE DEALER IN SPOKANE WA . DROVE IT TO WORK WAS EATING LUNCH..."
- " We had reservation for Wednesday night August 17th 2016 at Motel 6 Nashville TN by the airport. We were disappointed by the old beds, old room but decided to stay...."