Devcon Security - Conned and trapped in ridiculous contract
I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?
My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.
How do they get away with that and no county permit??
I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "In 2008 a widow,suffering from dimentia, living in Orangevale, California was sold a Pinnacle Alarm System through scare tactics and lies. They scare her, telling her there were home invasions,..."
- "I hate door to door salesmen as much as the next guy. And when this Devcon guy came knocking on the door i showed it. i don't appreciate someone coming..."
- "We just opened our fire and water proof safe from Sentry for the first time in over 2 years. We had a sizeable amount of cash in there, from many..."
- "Broad St., Findlay, OH property. Filthy property, not the Red Roof standards I once knew. Unchanged sheets, smelly filthy carpets, hair in bathtub. No AC, wall outlet next to bed..."
- "That is nothing...Here is the new one from Frontier....My mom was boarding from DTW to TTN....Online it says for flight is 20 minutes delayed (actual 3:50PM n delayed to 4:10PM)..."
- "I ordered some meds from them on 2/17, of course they immediately took the money from my bank account. Here it is 2/24 and I am wondering where the..."
- "I attended the 1020 Barbershop 3 showing at the Edwards Temecula 15. I was sitting in either row J or K seats 7-11. My wallet must have fallen out from..."
- "Purchased 3# 8 ounce can of Planter's mixed nuts from Sam's club. Ate a few from top layer--no problems. While filling up bowls to serve, noticed bluish..."
- "I was little hesitant initially while signing up with Elagoon Digital but gave it a shot and it is turning out to be a fruitful decision. My contact with Robby..."