Devcon Security - Conned and trapped in ridiculous contract

I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?

My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.

How do they get away with that and no county permit??

I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!

review #475342
2 0 Helpful?
Had the same issue4 Comments1
Had an experience with Devcon Security?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
executiveresponseteam@mon

Feb 12, 2014 #784666 Dallas, Texas

Hello,
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent customer service experience and I would like an opportunity to resolve your concerns. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 1-888-758-5900 from 9:30 am -6:00 pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
John Kyser
Executive Response Team

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.